Rent Increase Application Form
- Request for rent increase must be submitted at least sixty (60) days prior to the effective date of the rent increase.
Rent increases will be effective on the first of the month following a full 60-day notice to the San Diego Housing Commission (SDHC).
- SDHC will not approve a change in rent during the initial term of the lease.
- If you requested a rent change for an apartment, high-rise or other multifamily unit, you will be asked to provide comparables for unassisted units in the same complex.
- The new rent requested must pass a rent reasonableness analysis conducted by SDHC.
- A new lease/Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract is not required for leases that renew on a month-to-month basis unless other lease terms are changing.
- If there is a change in utilities, the tenant and landlord must enter into a new lease.
- If a new lease is executed, a new HAP contract must also be executed with SDHC.
- Landlords shall provide notice to tenants in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and fair housing laws.
* Indicates required field